How to accelerate your investing and learning process

 Hi all,


We all have limited time to do research on companies that we are interested in, or already have a position in. Here are some ways to free up your time tremendously. Even though these are simple steps, these methods made my investing journey more convenient and I am able to absorb more information more quickly in a short period of time. Hope these methods will be useful to you guys as well. 


1. Using the Stock portfolio & tracker in Yahoo Finance

I used to have multiple trading accounts, including Tiger Brokers, POEMS (by Philips), FUTU, Standard Chartered trading account. It was a chore tracking individual portfolios and I had to login to multiple various accounts to keep track. 

The Stock portfolio feature in Yahoo Finance allowed me to consolidate all my holdings easily and allow me to view my total gains and daily gains, it also allowed me to view my gains in my chosen currency. Plus it is absolutely FREE, which is ideal for me. Below is a sample only.
















2. Using the 'Speed up' feature in Youtube/ or any videos

I am always watching videos on daily basis to complement and understand more about the companies that I am interested in. For videos like Podcasts that are more than 1 hour long, in order to learn more information within a short period of time, it is important to cut down the speed of the videos. This has been a life saviour for me, as I am able to grasp so much more information. To think I only discovered this life hack only last year. 














3. Using Twitter to follow news and 'insider' news about various companies

Using Twitter to obtain financial news has been an absolute life hack for me as it has allowed me to follow the top minds in wall street, such as bankers, hedge fund billionaires and financial advisors for FREE. It has also allowed me to gain insider information regarding the various tickers I follow diligently such as Sea Limited and Teledoc.

By being engaged in the online community, it has allowed me also to gain valuable insights and also engage in constructive discussions and debates that help to revisit my investment thesis and question if my conviction in a particular stock.



To all the readers : Thank you for the support, and please let me know what is the financial content that you are interested in, I will share more. You can email me at jjfinancialblog@gmail.com. 


Thank you for the few readers that signed up with my Moomoo and Tiger Broker links, your support is very much appreciated. 

Hope the above information is useful for the readers, if you find them useful and if you have not yet signed up with Moomoo or Tiger Broker, please use my referral link to sign up for them. These promotions given by these brokers are for a limited time only and I would appreciate the support given to me. 



1. MOOMOO

https://j.moomoo.com/005XGg



2. TIGER BROKER

https://www.tigersecurities.com/activity/forapp/invitflow-intl/signup.html?template=invite202011&invite=H5XD7L











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why chasing $DWAC or $PHUN is not advisable

Why Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) might not be the best option for you