Why I started and how I grew my portfolio to 6 digit figures as a salaryman in Singapore

Hi all,

I am a 30 year old Singaporean engineer who has been working for close to 5 years in Singapore. I first started off investing mainly in stocks and REITS listed on the SGX mainly to generate dividends. But over the years, I have progressed onto the US and HK markets in search of better capital gains so that I would be able to achieve F.I.R.E (Short form for Financial Independence, Retire Early) earlier to escape the rat race. 

This blog is to document my progress as an investor, allowing me to keep track of my investments, my lessons learnt throughout my investment journey, and also to document my research for my highest conviction stocks (like potential multi-baggers).

My investment philosophy is mainly to find 

1. Stocks that have an asymmetrical risk reward
2. Stocks that have multi-bagger potential
3. Stocks that have not reached mature growth status, meaning there is room for growth
4. Stocks that have optionality


The platforms/ brokerages I use are mainly Standard Chartered mainly and POEMS for Singapore stocks. I also have Tiger broker and use Futu's Moomoo as well. 

Please stay tuned for more exciting content, I will share some of my experiences as an investor in Singapore markets and US/ HK markets and perhaps show you what are the pitfalls to avoid as an investor. Let us grow rich together!!



Take note: I am not a finance expert. Whatever that is documented in this blog are simply my opinions and does not constitute financial advice. Please do your own diligence and do not follow my advice blindly.


I can be reached at jjfinancialblog@gmail.com for more information sharing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why chasing $DWAC or $PHUN is not advisable

The method I use to maximize my risk to reward ratio

Why Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) might not be the best option for you